RULES TO OBTAIN A MARRIAGE LICENSE IN CHRISTIAN COUNTY
1. The marriage must take place in the SAME county in which the license is issued. Couples who wish to be married in Christian County must apply for their license in the Christian County Clerk’s office, 101 S. Main St., Taylorville, Illinois between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
2. All applicants must provide proof of identity and age. The Clerk's Office accepts all valid photo ID's of government issuance such as a driver's license or State issued photo ID or a military ID. All underage applicants must also present a current certified birth certificate. Contact the Clerk's Office for a list of alternative proofs of identity and age that can be accepted. No one under age of 18 may apply for a Civil Union License
3. Effective September 11, 1989, pre-marital blood tests are no longer required in the State of Illinois to acquire a marriage license.
4. The license becomes effective the day after it is issued and is effective for sixty (60) days.
5. The cost of a marriage license is $50.00.
6. The license must be returned to the County Clerk’s office by the Officiant within ten days from the date of the ceremony in the envelope provided from the County Clerk’s office.
7. The couple will need to know both of their parents full birth names, their parents current addresses (if still living), and the states where the parents were born.
8. If there has been a previous marriage, the couple will need to know the specific date, county and state of the death or divorce. If this occurrence has been less then thirty (30) days, you will need to provide appropriate documentation.